Latest issue highlights
Elections in the 28 European Union countries for the European Parliament take place every five years. The latest were held at the end of May. These Europe-wide elections are the world’s second largest democratic vote. In this issue, we explain the history of the European Parliament, its responsibilities and how the rise of populist political parties in many EU countries may affect its make-up.
Also in this issue:
- Relativity theory proof centenary
- Russia, China and pandas*
- Dodo skeleton record-sale price*
- Malawi’s presidential election*
- Cyprus lionfish cull competition*
- Australia’s first indigenous minister
- Collective behaviour fossil?
- Overlord remembered*
- Male Sumatran rhino dies*
- Denmark’s new prime minister*
- Chimpanzee extinction warning*
…and much more!
(those with an * have accompanying activities/worksheets).
INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY SUBSCRIPTIONS
For students’ own study and families
SCHOOL & INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL SUBSCRIPTIONS
For school wide, intranet and LMS access
For English language tutors, schools and colleges
For school and public libraries
Existing or lapsed subscriber and wish to renew? Click here:
Renewing a current subscription early?
Your renewal will automatically activate immediately after you current subscription expires.
You can therefore renew at any time.
"Newsademic has become a very popular resource at our school"
"I have used your publication for a few years now and find it one of the best resources we have"
"We're glad our subscription is up and running. This is a great resource!"